Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Happy Birthday Baby Girl











Her Birthday is today. "May Firty-First"
and she's 3. or as she'd tell you, she's "got fwee", along with a visual illustration of holding up 3 fingers. No 3 fingers in particular, just 3 of some combination. She's everything I've ever wanted in a baby girl, but thank the Lord he didn't stop there, because she exceeds that by miles and miles. 

Her Favorite Song is : Girl Put Your Records On, Corrine Bailey Rae
Her favorite person is Ell-Yut (Elliot) and Lamby

She's so friendly, and she says hello to people around us, no matter where we are, and takes deep offense to people not replying, especially the big kids (elementary schoolers) who ride by on their bicycles on the street in front of our house. I just tell her "Well they don't know what they're missing in having you as a friend. you're awesome!" And she is! To have a friend in June, is to have someone who cares about you, and how you feel, to the extent of you stepping over something small that makes you trip, like a barbie doll or a wooden puzzle. "uh oh! What HAPPENED?" she'll ask, so concerned. One of my Daddy's favorite things she does is when somebody coughs, she'll say "Oh GOODNESS!" as a very sympathetic gesture.  

She prefers to sleep completely tangled up, legs and arms intertwined with her mama. And only June could get away with coming into someone else's room at the break of day, climbing in their bed, and asking them to turn over because their morning breath offends her. Her Daddy and I just think she's a peach.


I love that she'll fight for my attention, and she isn't soft-skinned. Even when I lose my cool, which I wish never happened- instead of sulking or pouting, she calls me on it. "Why you mad at me? You're being a dram-y queen." and she's usually right! She has the practical level-headedness and cool of her Daddy, but the spunk and grit of her Mama. 

She's as refreshing as the 50 swirly popsicles she's devoured since Summer has peeked out from around the corner of hoodies and thick socks and converse. She's so refreshing, in fact, that even when her Daddy sends me out for some time alone, to just do a Publix or Red Box run after a long day of being a mama, I'll grab her at the last minute to go with me. She's my sidekick, and I just enjoy her company so much. I love how she recounts the day, or recalls a memory from a year. "Mama, 'member yesterday when I saw that dolphin?" or "Mama, 'member that last time, when we went to Publix and I got a fwinkle cookie?"



She's fiery and aggressive and full of light, and she runs wide open til she passes out mid- bounce every night, at which point she says "hold me" and drifts into sleep, but not before asking me if I locked the doors and telling me she's not afraid, because Jesus is in her heart. She's a challenge for me, and has made me seek the very face of Jesus more than any other time in my life. I wanna get this right so so much. 
I pray often, that God would show me what he's called her to do, what he's gifted her with, the plan he has for her that only she can do. I know he'll show me those things in his time, but at this moment, I know for sure- she's a gifted includer, a thoughtful friend (but still would rather not share her most precious posessions) and she's more articulate than it makes sense for a now-3-year old to be. I pray earnestly that Lord would help me and her Daddy, to shepherd her heart, and to lead that iron will to Him, that she'd never follow the crowd, but loudly and with concrete-strength, stand by her beliefs, while always being teachable and humble. 

oh....and more naps wouldn't hurt my feelings either! 


No comments:

Post a Comment